This easy stuffed mushrooms recipe is made with a garlicky goat cheese, sun-dried tomato, pine nut and basil filling and topped with crispy toasted breadcrumbs. See notes above for fun ingredient variations to try too!
- 20 large baby bella (cremini) mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- fine sea salt and freshly-cracked black pepper
- 1/3 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced with white and green parts divided
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 1/4 cup finely-chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons finely-chopped fresh basil
- Prep the mushrooms. Place a wire rack (if using*) on top of a large baking sheet and mist with cooking spray. Carefully remove and transfer the mushroom stems to a cutting board and finely chop. Cluster the mushroom caps close together cavity-side-up on the prepared baking rack. Drizzle the mushroom caps evenly with 1 tablespoon (or more) olive oil and season evenly with a few twists of black pepper and a pinch of sea salt.
- Toast the breadcrumbs. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add Panko and toss to combine. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until lightly golden. Transfer the Panko to a bowl, then briefly wipe down the sauté pan to remove any remaining crumbs.
- Sauté the veggies. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add the white parts of the scallions and sauté for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and chopped mushroom stems and sauté for 3 to 5 more minutes until tender. Remove pan from heat.
- Combine the filling. Combine the garlic-mushroom mixture, cream cheese, goat cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, pine nuts and basil in a mixing bowl (or you can combine them in the same sauté pan) and stir until evenly combined.
- Stuff the mushrooms. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Use a small spoon to scoop the filling mixture evenly into the prepared mushroom caps, pressing the filling into the cavities as much as possible. Dip the mushrooms upside-down in the Panko mixture so that it coats the filling, then place the mushrooms back on the wire rack spaced at least 1 inch apart.
- Bake. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the mushroom caps are tender. (Baking time will vary based on the size of your mushrooms.)
- Serve. Remove baking sheet from the oven and serve the stuffed mushrooms warm, sprinkled with extra fresh basil if you would like. Enjoy!
Wire rack: Baking the mushrooms on a wire rack (placed on top of a baking sheet) can help prevent liquid from pooling beneath the mushrooms. But this is completely optional — feel free to bake the mushrooms directly on a baking sheet if you prefer.