This 5-Minute Szechuan Sauce is quick and easy to prepare, and perfect as a stir-fry or dipping sauce. Feel free to adjust the seasonings to taste.
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (optional*)
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl until combined. Taste, and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Use immediately, or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 4 days.
*For a thicker sauce, include the cornstarch. (The sauce need to be heated to a simmer in order to thicken.)
**If you would like a spicier sauce, double the amount of crushed red pepper flakes. For a sweeter sauce, add more maple syrup.