This homemade tahini sauce recipe is quick and easy to make with 5 ingredients and tastes delicious drizzled on everything from falafel to roasted veggies, grilled meats, wraps, salads and more.
- 2 small cloves garlic, finely grated or minced
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup cold water
- Soak the garlic. Combine the garlic and lemon juice in a small bowl and stir to combine. Let the garlic rest for 5 to 10 minutes so that its flavor can mellow.
- Mix. Add the tahini, sea salt, cumin and whisk to combine. While continuing to whisk with one hand, slowly stream ¼ cup water into the mixture and whisk until smooth. (The tahini may seize up briefly, but keep whisking and it will smooth out.)
- Thin. Add extra water if needed to thin the tahini sauce to your desired consistency.
- Serve. Serve immediately, or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 1 week. Enjoy!