This Thai Basil Beef Noodle Stir-Fry recipe is easy to make and tossed with the best savory Thai basil sauce. Feel free to sub in chicken, pork, shrimp or crispy tofu in place of the beef if you would like!
- 8 ounces (uncooked) rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons oil, divided
- 1 ¼ pounds sirloin or flank steak, cut into bite-sized pieces
- fine sea salt and freshly-cracked black pepper
- 1 small white onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 8 ounces shiitake or baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 ½ cups packed fresh Thai basil leaves
- optional toppings: sliced green onions, toasted sesame seeds, chopped peanuts, fried garlic and/or fresh lime wedges
- 3 tablespooons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chile garlic sauce, or more/less to taste
- Prep the sauce. Whisk the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl or measuring cup until combined.
- Prep the noodles. Cook the noodles according to package instructions until they are al dente. Drain and set aside until ready to use. (I would also recommend tossing the noodles with a drizzle of oil if it will be a few minutes until you add them to the stir-fry, to prevent them from sticking together.)
- Sear the beef. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large sauté pan or wok over medium-high heat. Season the steak with a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Then add the steak to the oil and sauté for 3-4 minutes, stirring only occasionally, until it is browned on all sides. Transfer the cooked steak to a separate (clean) plate, and return the pan to the heat.
- Cook the veggies. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the pan along with the onion. Sauté for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the mushrooms, bell pepper and garlic, and sauté for 3-5 more minutes, or until the veggies reach your desired level of tenderness.
- Combine everything together. Immediately add the cooked noodles, sauce, steak and Thai basil to the pan. Give everything a good toss until everything is evenly coated with the sauce, and remove the pan from the heat.
- Serve warm. Serve immediately, garnished with any of your desired toppings.