A healthy meal that is quick and easy to prepare. You’ll love this classic Thai Basil Chicken recipe!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 to 4 Thai bird chiles, chopped (and seeded, if you prefer less heat)
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 cup packed Thai basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons dark soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white granulated sugar
- Make the stir-fry sauce. In a small bowl, whisk together the stir-fry sauce ingredients until combined.
- Sauté. Heat the oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, Thai bird chiles, shallot. Sauté for 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Add the chicken and cook, stirring and breaking up the chicken with a wooden spoon occasionally, until it is cooked through and browned. Add the sauce and toss until evenly combined.
- Add the Thai basil. Remove the pan from the heat. Add the basil and toss until it begins to wild.
- Serve. Serve immediately over rice or noodles and enjoy!
This recipe was updated slightly in 2023.