This Thai-inspired cucumber salad recipe is a healthy side dish that’s easy to make, and full of the most delicious fresh and zesty flavors.
Cucumber Salad Ingredients:
- 2 English cucumbers, sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- half of a small red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- optional toppings: toasted sesame seeds, crushed red chili flakes
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil (or olive oil)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 small clove garlic, minced or pressed
- 1–2 tablespoons sweetener (such as maple syrup, honey or brown sugar), to taste
- To make the dressing, whisk the lime juice, oil, rice vinegar, fish sauce, garlic, and your desired amount of sweetener together in a small bowl until combined. (Or add all ingredients to a mason jar, cover and shake vigorously until combined.)
- Combine the cucumbers, green onions, red onion, cilantro, mint and peanuts in a large bowl. Drizzle evenly with the dressing, then toss until combined.
- Serve immediately, garnished with your desired toppings. Or cover and refrigerate for up to one day, then serve the salad chilled.
Recipe adapted from Food and Wine.