This simple tuna salad is tossed with avocado, cucumber, feta, red onions, herbs and a zippy lemon-sumac dressing and served over rice. See notes above for potential ingredient add-ins or substitutes.
Tuna Avocado Rice Bowl Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked brown rice
- 3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 (5-ounce) cans tuna packed in oil, drained
- 2 medium avocados, diced
- half of an English cucumber, diced
- half of a small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill, loosely packed
Sumac Dressing Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon each: fine sea salt, freshly-ground black pepper, ground cumin, ground sumac
- Cook the brown rice. Cook the brown rice however you prefer, either on the stovetop, in the Instant Pot or in a rice cooker (per appliance instructions).
- Make the dressing. Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl (or shake together in a sealed jar) until emulsified.
- Make the tuna salad. Add the feta, drained tuna, avocado, cucumber, red onion and dill to a large mixing bowl. Drizzle evenly with the dressing, then toss gently until evenly combined.
- Serve. Serve immediately over brown rice, garnished with extra feta, dill, ground sumac and black pepper if desired.