This Ultra-Crispy Baked Chicken Nuggets recipe is super easy to make with just three ingredients, naturally gluten-free, and totally delicious!
- 1 (8.5-ounce) bag Kettle Brand® chips, any flavor
- 1.5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 eggs
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper*; set aside.
- Add the chips to a food processor and pulse until they are finely crumbled. (Or alternately, you can use a rolling pin to crush the chips while they are still in their bag.) Transfer the crumbled chips to a small bowl.
- Whisk the eggs in a separate small bowl.
- Then it’s time to assemble the nuggets! Dip one nugget in the egg mixture with your right hand until it is completely coated, then transfer it to the bowl with the chips. Then use your left hand to carefully coat the chicken with the chips on all sides, pressing them lightly on the chicken to help them stick. Use your left hand to transfer the chicken nugget to the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining chicken. (This right/left-hand method helps prevent the chips from sticking to your hands while assembling.)
- Bake for 12 minutes (the top coating of the nuggets should be nice and crispy). Then remove from the oven, flip the nuggets, and bake for 8 more minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through (to an internal temperature of 165°F) and no longer pink inside.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm with your favorite dipping sauces.
*Or you can place a wire rack on top of a baking sheet (sans parchment paper) and cook the chicken on that, which will not require flipping.