These restaurant-style Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Bowls are easy to customize with your preferred protein, veggies, herbs and garnishes — so feel free to get creative and add whatever sounds good!
Vietnamese Noodle Bowl Ingredients:
- 1 batch lemongrass chicken (or see alternatives below)
- 7 ounces rice vermicelli noodles
- 1 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 4 cups shredded lettuce (or spring greens)
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- lots of fresh herbs (cilantro, mint, and/or Thai basil)
- garnishes: lime wedges, chopped peanuts, thinly-sliced Thai bird chiles (optional)
Nuoc Cham Sauce Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 3–4 tablespoons honey (or your desired sweetener)
- 1/3 cup freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, finely-minced
- 1 Thai bird chile, finely-minced (optional)
- Cook the chicken. Cook the lemongrass chicken according to recipe instructions.
- Cook the noodles. Cook the noodles al dente according to package instructions, then drain. (If the noodles finish early and you don’t want them to stick together, drizzle a bit of sesame oil on the noodles and briefly toss until coated.)
- Prep the sauce. Meanwhile, combine the warm water and honey in a small bowl and whisk until the honey has dissolved. Add in the remaining sauce ingredients and whisk until combined. Set aside.
- Assemble the bowls. In large serving bowls, add the noodles, topped with the chicken, cucumber, carrots, lettuce, bean sprouts, and herbs. Top with your desired garnishes.
- Serve. Then serve warm, drizzled with however much of the sauce you prefer.