This Watermelon Gazpacho recipe is the perfect balance of sweet and savory and so refreshing. Feel free to blend in extra mint if you would like!
- 1.5 pounds cubed fresh watermelon
- 3 large roma tomatoes, halved and cored*
- 1 small (1/2 pound) cucumber, peeled and seeded
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cored
- 1/2 small red onion, peeled
- 2 small garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/3 cup packed fresh mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 thick slice of white bread, soaked**, crusts removed
- optional garnishes: homemade croutons, chopped fresh mint, a drizzle of olive oil, and/or any leftover chopped gazpacho ingredients
- Combine all ingredients together in a blender or food processor. Puree for 1 minute, or until the soup reaches your desired consistency. Taste and season with extra salt, pepper and/or cumin if needed.
- Refrigerate in a sealed container for 4 hours, or until completely chilled.
- Serve cold, topped with your desired garnishes.
*To core the tomatoes: Simply scoop out and discard the seeds and any tough white core.
**To soak your bread: Cut away the crusts. Then run the bread under the sink for a second to soak it with water, ring it out completely, and add the bread to the blender or food processor.