This classic whiskey sour recipe is quick and easy to make with an optional frothy egg white layer on top.
- 2 ounces bourbon
- 3/4 ounce lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce maple syrup (or simple syrup)
- 1 small egg white (optional)
- 2 shakes angostura bitters
- garnish: lemon peel and Luxardo cherry
- Dry shake. Add bourbon, lemon juice, maple syrup, egg white and angostura bitters to a cocktail shaker. Cover and shake for 30 seconds.
- Wet shake. Add ice and shake again until well-chilled.
- Serve. Strain into a rocks glass filled with ice. Twist a lemon peel over the drink and add it as a garnish, along with one or two Luxardo cherries. Cheers!