This classic Middle Eastern za’atar recipe is perfect for seasoning everything from breads to proteins, vegetables, dips and more. Feel free to adjust the seasonings to taste.
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground* dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon sumac
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- (optional) 2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon fine Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and stir until combined.
- Use immediately, or store in a sealed container for up to 3 months.
*If using traditional dried thyme (that is not ground), add in an extra 2 teaspoons dried thyme.