You will love this 5-miute rustic fruit galette, it tastes just like summer!
- 1 (9 inch) refrigerated pie crust
- 2 Tbsp. sugar, plus 1 tsp. for sprinkling on crust
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 – 3 cups of fresh fruit, cut into bite-sized pieces (I used strawberries, blueberries and a nectarine in this one
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Gently unfold and lay out pie crust on a baking sheet lined with parchment or on a baking stone.
- In a separate bowl, gently mix together the (sliced) fruit, sugar and cornstarch. Then pour into a strainer to release any extra juices. (Just baking this will release plenty!) Pour the mixture in the center of the unfolded pie crust leaving a 2-inch border. Fold up the uncovered border over the edge of the fruit and pinch into pleats. Then brush the egg onto the crust, and sprinkle with the remaining tablespoon of sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven until crust is lightly browned, 12 to 15 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.