This is my favorite recipe for classic 7 Layer Dip. It’s fresh, colorful, and always a winner with a crowd!
- 1 (16-ounce) container sour cream (2 cups)
- ¼ cup (1 packet) Old El Paso taco seasoning
- 2 (15-ounce) cans Old El Paso refried beans
- 3 cups freshly-made guacamole
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup sliced (drained) black olives
- ⅓ cup diced red onion
- ¼ cup thinly-sliced green onions
- ¼ cup fresh roughly-chopped cilantro leaves
- In a small bowl, whisk together sour cream and taco seasoning until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- Spread the refried beans out in an even layer in the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish. Layer the guacamole in an even layer on top of the beans, followed by a layer of the sour cream mixture, then the cheese, tomatoes, olives, red onion, and green onions. Then sprinkle the cilantro evenly on top of the green onions.
- Serve immediately with chips for dipping. Or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 6 hours.