This is my all-time favorite guacamole recipe! It’s easy to make, tastes delicious, and always disappears instantly at a party!
Who’s ready to guac and roll?!?
Well I hope you’ve got a bunch of ripe avocados ready, because today I’m sharing my all-time favorite recipe for perfect guacamole. And after making it — oh — probably now hundreds of times of the years (no kidding), I think it’s safe to say that I’ve tweaked it until it really is perfect.
It’s chocked full of the classic fresh ingredients we all love, including lots of creamy, ripe avocados. It’s super quick and easy to make, and can also be made hours advance (without browning!) thanks to my refrigerator tip. And it is always — always, always, always — a total crowd pleaser, and never lasts long enough to become leftovers.
So if you love guacamole as much as I do, bookmark this puppy, because it’s the go-to recipe I promise you can count on.
Guacamole Recipe — 1-Minute Video
So let’s do this! Gather your ingredients, including:
- ripe avocados
- diced red onion
- fresh cilantro
- fresh jalapeno (<- use more/less to taste)
- freshly-squeezed lime juice
- Kosher salt
- ground cumin
Chop them all up, and then combine everything in a bowl.
And then use some spoons, or forks, or a potato masher, or whatever you have on hand to mash everything together until it reaches your desired level of smoothness. Or if you like a chunkier guac, hey, just keep it chunky.
Once it’s ready, give it a taste and add extra salt or lime juice if needed to season it to your preferred taste. Then either serve it immediately and dive in. Or if you want to save it for later, use a spoon to level out the top surface of the guac in your bowl until it is completely smooth. Then place a layer of plastic wrap directly on top of the guac (touching it) so that there are no air bubbles and the plastic is completely covering every inch of its surface. Oxygen is the culprit of browned avocados, so we don’t want any air getting there. Then pop it in the fridge and leave it there for up to 2 days, until it’s ready to serve.
The perfect guacamole made fresh and simple!
- 3 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1 jalapeno, stem and seeds removed, minced (add more or less to taste)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- dash of cumin
- (Optional: 1 roma tomato, cored and chopped)
- Mash together avocados, jalapeno, onion, lime juice, cilantro, salt, cumin with a fork until well-mixed. (If adding tomatoes, stir them in at the very end.)
- Serve immediately, or cover the bowl with plastic wrap (so that the plastic is literally touching the entire top layer of the guacamole) and refrigerate for up to 2 days before serving.
If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #gimmesomeoven. I'd love to see what you cook!