This Baby Bok Choy w/ Cashews recipe is a little more exciting than your average salad, and includes sesame oil, ginger, garlic and toasted cashews.
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup chopped green onions, including green ends
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/8 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 pound baby bok choy, rinsed, larger leaves separated from base, base trimmed but still present, holding the smaller leaves together
- 1/2 tsp. dark sesame oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped, roasted, salted cashews
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan on medium high heat. Add onions, garlic and ginger, stir together and cook for 1 minute. Then add bok choy. Sprinkle with sesame oil and a small pinch of salt. Cover, and let the baby bok choy cook down for approximately 3 minutes. (Like spinach, when cooked, the bok choy will wilt a bit.)
- Remove cover. Lower heat to low. Stir and let cook for a minute or two longer, until the bok choy is just cooked.
- Gently mix in cashews. Serve warm.
Recipe adapted from Simply Recipes