This simple Baked Frittata with Roasted Red Peppers, Arugula and Pesto is easy to make, naturally gluten-free, and full of delicious Italian flavor.
- 1 Tablespoon DeLallo extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup diced white onion (about half a medium onion, peeled)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 eggs, whisked
- 1 (12-ounce) jar DeLallo roasted red peppers, drained and diced
- 2 handfuls baby arugula, roughly chopped
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese (I used part-skim)
- 1/4 cup DeLallo basil pesto
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9-inch pie pan with cooking spray.
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft and translucent. Stir in garlic and saute an additional 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Remove from heat.
- In a separate large bowl, stir together the eggs, roasted red peppers, arugula, cheese, pesto, salt and pepper until combined. Add in the onion mixture, and stir until combined.
- Pour the filling into the prepared pie pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. The frittata will rise while baking, but should settle back down once you remove it from the oven. Remove from the oven and allow the frittata to rest for at least 5 minutes. Slice and serve warm.