This BBQ Chicken Quinoa Casserole only calls for 6 main ingredients, it’s quick and easy to make, and it is so hearty and delicious!
- 3 cups cooked quinoa* (see tutorial for how to cook quinoa)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby Jack cheese**, divided
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup whole-kernel corn, canned or frozen (then thawed)
- 1 1/4 cups KC Masterpiece Kansas City Classic BBQ Sauce, plus extra for drizzling on top
- optional garnishes: chopped fresh cilantro, finely-chopped red or green onions, diced avocado, sour cream, etc.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl or baking dish, stir together quinoa, 1 1/2 cups cheese, chicken, black beans, corn and bbq sauce until combined. Transfer the quinoa mixture to a baking dish (or leave it, if you’re mixing this up in the baking dish), and sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup cheese evenly on top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the casserole is warmed through. Remove from the oven, and drizzle the top of the casserole with a little extra bbq sauce, and top with your desired (optional) garnishes.
- Serve immediately.
*3 cups cooked quinoa is made from 1 cup uncooked quinoa, cooked with 2 cups chicken or vegetables stock.
**Feel free to use just about any shredded cheese here. I used part-skim Colby Jack.