This Super-Easy Blueberry Tart is simple to make, easy customizable with your favorite fruits and toppings, and perfect for brunch or dessert!
Blueberry Almond Tart Ingredients:
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg white, whisked
- 1 batch cream cheese spread/glaze (see below)
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup Blue Diamond Oven-Roasted Blueberry Almonds, roughly-chopped
- 2/3 cup toasted coconut flakes
Cream Cheese Spread/Glaze Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2–3 tablespoons honey (add more/less to taste)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, store-bought or homemade
- (add later: 1-3 teaspoons milk)
- To Make The Blueberry Almond Tart:
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside.
- Lay out the thawed puff pastry sheet on a floured surface, and gently use a rolling pin to even out the creases and roll it out until it forms about an 11 x 18-inch rectangle. Transfer the puff pastry to the prepared baking sheet. Use a knife to score a very thin border around the outside of puff pastry. Then use a fork to poke lots of holes into middle of pastry, to minimize inflation.
- Use a pastry brush to brush the whisked egg whites all over the top of the puff pastry. Then transfer it to the oven and bake according to package directions until it is turns golden, about 10-12 minutes, keeping an eye on it while baking to be sure that it doesn’t puff up. (If it does, just pull it out of the oven and use a spatula to pat it back down until it’s flat, repeating if needed.) Remove and let cool for 5 minutes.
- While the puff pastry is baking, prepare your cream cheese spread, reserving part of it (as directed below) to make a glaze.
- Once the puff pastry is ready, spread the cream cheese spread evenly on top of the pastry. Then sprinkle the fresh blueberries, blueberry almonds, and toasted coconut evenly on top of the cream cheese. Drizzle the glaze evenly on top.
- Slice and serve immediately.
- To Make The Cream Cheese Spread/Glaze:
- Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl or measuring cup until smooth. Taste, and add extra honey if needed to sweeten.
- Transfer 1/4 of the cream cheese spread mixture to a separate bowl, and whisk in a teaspoon at a time of milk until the mixture reaches more of a glaze-like consistency. (If it accidentally gets too thin, you can add in a few spoonfuls of powdered sugar to thicken.) This will be your glaze for the final step of the recipe.