This blueberry chicken chopped salad recipe is loaded up with a zesty mix of ingredients and tossed with a lemon vinaigrette.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- fine sea salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 ounces Romaine hearts or little gem lettuce, finely chopped
- 1 pint (2 cups) fresh blueberries
- 1 cup toasted chopped pecans
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 5 ounces crumbled feta or goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook the chicken. Season the chicken breasts generously with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken for 4-5 minutes per side until cooked through and no longer pink inside. Transfer the chicken to a clean cutting board and let it rest for 5 minutes, then dice into small pieces.
- Prepare the vinaigrette. Meanwhile, prepare the vinaigrette by whisking all of the ingredients together in a bowl (or shaking vigorously in a sealed jar) until emulsified.
- Combine. Combine the diced chicken and remaining salad ingredients in a large bowl. Drizzle with the vinaigrette and toss until evenly combined.
- Serve. Serve immediately and enjoy!