This Brussels Sprouts, Cranberry and Quinoa Salad is super-easy to make with shredded fresh Brussels sprouts and a zippy orange vinaigrette. See notes above for possible ingredient variations.
- 1 pound shredded Brussels sprouts
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 medium shallot, peeled and finely chopped
- orange vinaigrette (see below)
- 1/4 cup freshly-squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- generous pinch of fine sea salt and freshly-cracked black pepper
- Make the vinaigrette. In a small bowl, whisk all of the ingredients together until combined.
- Make the salad. Combine the shredded Brussels, cooked quinoa, dried cranberries, chopped pecans and shallot in a large bowl. Drizzle evenly with the vinaigrette, then tossed until completely combined.
- Season. Taste and season the salad with extra salt and pepper, as needed.
- Serve. Serve immediately, or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 3 days.
*Recipe update: Shallots and Dijon were added to this recipe in the fall of 2019. Otherwise, the recipe is the same as always!
*Cook time: Cooking time does not include the time required to cook the quinoa.