This Cherry, Almond and White Chocolate Biscotti recipe is simple to make, and it also makes the perfect gift!
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup dried berries (cherries or cranberries)
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup sliced or slivered almonds
- white chocolate baking squares or chips (optional)
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Mix eggs, oil, and extracts in a bowl with an electric mixer. Then add in dry ingredients and mix together until combined. Then add in berries, chocolate and almonds – and either mix by hand with a wooden spoon, or very briefly with the electric mixer.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly-floured surface. Knead lightly a few times to be sure that berries, chocolate and almonds are well-distributed. (Dough will be sticky, so you may need to lightly re-flouring your surface once or twice.) Divide dough in half.
- Shape each half into long logs, and flatten to 1″ thickness. Place on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Remove rolls from baking sheet and cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack. Then cut each roll diagonally into 1/2″ slices.
- Place the slices cut-sides down on a baking sheet. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees, and bake for 10 minutes. Remove, and turn each slice over, and bake for another 10 minutes. Remove and cool on wire racks.
- To add white chocolate, simply melt your desired amount in a double boiler or (carefully!) in the microwave. Use a fork to drizzle it over the biscotti slices. Or you can dip each slice in a bowl of the melted white chocolate.
Adapted from MyRecipes.com