You will love this charming, delicious, and incredibly easy-to-make French Cherry Clafoutis recipe! Bon Appetit!!
- 4 eggs, separated
- 2/3 cup sugar (divided)
- 6 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1 ½ lbs. fresh cherries, pitted
- ½ tsp. lemon zest
- powdered sugar (for dusting)
- Preheat the oven to 375?F. Butter a large rectangular baking dish. (Or 6 smaller baking dishes.)
- Combine the egg yolks and 1/3 cup of the sugar in a large bowl. Whisk until ribbons form and add the flour, vanilla extract, and cream. Beat the mixture until completely blended.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites together with the salt until foamy, about one minute. Then add the beaten egg whites into the batter, mix lightly until incorporated.
- Preheat the prepared baking dish in the oven for 4 to 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the cherries, the remaining 1/3-cup sugar and the lemon zest. Remove the baking dish from the oven, pour in the cherries and top with the batter. Bake until the clafoutis is set in the middle, 30 – 35 minutes (or considerably less for smaller baking dishes). Serve warm.
Recipe adapted from Sea Salt With Food