This Chicken, Bacon and Avocado Chopped Salad is tossed with a simple red wine vinaigrette, and always tastes so fresh and delicious.
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and diced
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 head of Romaine lettuce (about 8 ounces), chopped
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1 pound (about 2–3 cups) diced cooked chicken
- half a small red onion, very thinly sliced
Red Wine Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- pinch of fine sea salt and freshly-cracked black pepper
- Make the vinaigrette. Vigorously whisk all ingredients together in a mixing bowl (or shake together in a sealed jar) until completely emulsified.
- Toss the salad. Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle evenly with the vinaigrette, and toss gently to combine.
- Serve. Serve immediately and enjoy!