This Chicken, Bacon and Avocado Chopped Salad is full of some of my favorite savory ingredients, and tossed with a delicious red wine vinaigrette.
- 1 head of Romaine lettuce, chopped (about 5–6 cups)
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and diced
- 2 cups diced (or shredded) cooked chicken
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes (or diced Roma tomatoes)
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinaigrette (see recipe below)
Red Wine Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- pinch of salt and freshly-cracked black pepper
To Make The Salad:
- Combine the lettuce, bacon, chicken, tomatoes, red onion, blue cheese and avocado together in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle evenly with the vinaigrette, and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately.
To Make The Vinaigrette:
- Whisk all ingredients together until combined.
Recipe inspired by Martinelli’s Little Italy restaurant, and updated in March 2017.