This delicious Crunchy Ramen Noodle Salad recipe is tossed with a simple sesame vinaigrette…and tastes absolutely delicious!
- 1 (16-ounce) bag coleslaw mix
- 2 (3-ounce) packages of ramen noodles*, crumbled (you will not use the seasoning packet)
- 1 cup shelled and cooked edamame
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted, and julienned (or diced)
- 1/2 cup thinly-sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup thinly-sliced green onions (scallions)
- Sesame honey vinaigrette (see ingredients below)
Sesame Honey Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup avocado oil (or vegetable oil, or any cooking oil)
- 1/4 cup honey (or your desired sweetener)
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- pinch of salt and black pepper
To Make The Salad:
- Heat oven to 425°F. Spread the crumbled ramen noodles and sliced almonds out on a baking sheet, and stir a bit to combine. Bake for about 5 minutes, or until the almonds and noodles are slightly toasted and golden. Remove baking sheet, and give the mixture a good stir to toss. Then return it to the oven and toast for an additional 3 minutes. Keep a very close eye on the mixture so that it does not burn. Remove and set aside.
- Add ingredients (including the vinaigrette) together in a large bowl, and toss until combined.
- Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days. (This salad is much better eaten the first day, as the noodles lose their “crunch” the longer it sits, and the avocado may brown a bit. Still, it’s perfectly edible and enjoyable even after a few days!)
To Make The Vinaigrette:
- Whisk all ingredients together until combined.
*You can use any kind of packaged ramen noodles for this recipe. If you’d like organic (and less-processed) alternatives to the classic $0.30 packets at the grocery store, I recommend these organic classic ramen noodles or organic brown rice ramen noodles.
**I also like sprinkling mine with some toasted sesame seeds (I used black sesame seeds in the photo), but that’s totally optional.