This Easy Sesame Shishito Peppers recipe is quick and easy to make, naturally vegan and gluten-free, and absolutely irresistible as an appetizer or snack.
- 2 teaspoons canola or vegetable oil (*or any high-heat cooking oil)
- 6 ounces shishito peppers
- sea salt and freshly-cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce (or gluten-free tamari if making this recipe GF)
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- Heat a heavy-bottomed saute pan or cast iron pan over high heat for a few minutes until it is hot. Add canola oil and shishito peppers and season with a generous pinch of salt and black pepper. Immediately toss to combine. Then saute for 3-4 minutes, tossing every 45 seconds or so, until the peppers are mostly charred (blistered) on all sides. Remove from heat and transfer the peppers to a serving bowl. Toss with sesame oil and soy sauce (or tamari) until the peppers are evenly coated, then sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serve warm.