This Easy Superfood Quinoa Bowl is loaded up with fresh green superfoods, topped with a simple sesame vinaigrette, and sprinkled with Sriracha almonds.
Easy Superfood Quinoa Bowl Ingredients:
- 6 cups cooked quinoa*
- 1 medium head of broccoli, florets removed and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups frozen shelled edamame
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 cup Blue Diamond Almonds (I used Blue Diamond Sriracha Almonds)
- 1 batch Sesame-Soy Vinaigrette (see below)
- toasted sesame seeds or chia seeds, for garnish
Sesame-Soy Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 1/3 cup neutral-flavored cooking oil (i.e. vegetable oil, grapeseed oil, etc.)
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey (or agave, to make this vegan)
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- pinch of salt and black pepper
- Bring a large stockpot of water to a boil (while the quinoa is cooking in a separate pan). Add broccoli florets and cook for 1-2 minutes until tender and vibrant green. Remove with a slotted spoon, and transfer to a separate plate and set aside. Add shelled edamame to the boiling water and cook for 5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to the plate with the broccoli.
- Meanwhile, add the kale to a large mixing bowl along with 2 tablespoons of the vinaigrette. Use your hands to massage the vinaigrette into the kale for 1-2 minutes, or until the kale is soft and turns a darker green. Set aside.
- Once your quinoa is cooked, portion it out equally among 4 serving bowls. Top each with equal portions of the broccoli and edamame, kale, sliced avocado, and almonds. Then drizzle each equally with the vinaigrette, and sprinkle with sesame seeds or chia seeds for garnish. Serve warm.
- *I recommend cooking quinoa in chicken or vegetable stock for extra flavor. See my tutorial here for how to cook quinoa.