This Everyday Mediterranean Salad recipe is quick and easy to make, tossed with a simple Greek vinaigrette, and it can easily double as a side salad or main dish. See notes above for possible ingredient variations.
Mediterranean Salad Ingredients:
- 5 ounces baby arugula (or whatever salad greens you prefer)
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- half of a small red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- half of an English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup diced roasted red peppers
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
Greek Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-cracked black pepper
- 1 small clove garlic, pressed or minced (or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder)
- To Make The Vinaigrette: Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl (or shake together in a mason jar) until combined. Taste and add additional sweetener if desired. Use immediately or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 3 days.
- To Make The Salad: Combine all ingredients in a large salad bowl, drizzle evenly with the vinaigrette, and toss until evenly combined. Serve immediately, topped with extra feta cheese and black pepper if desired.