This “Everything” Chicken recipe is made with classic everything bagel seasoning, and baked in the oven to juicy, tender, delicious perfection.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (pounded to even thickness)
- kosher salt and freshly-cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 cup “Everything” Seasoning Blend
- To brine your chicken breasts, simply fill a large bowl with 1 quart of warm water and 1/4 cup kosher salt. Stir to combine until most of the salt is absorbed. Add the chicken breasts and let them sit in the mixture to brine for 15 minutes. Or you can also also cover the bowl and refrigerate for up to 6 hours. Remove the chicken breasts from the brine, rinse them with cold water, then pat them dry with some paper towels. (Again, though, if your chicken breasts are sold pre-brined in a sodium solution, skip this step.)
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Place the chicken breasts in a single layer in a large baking dish. Brush on both sides (turning once) evenly with the melted butter or olive oil.
- Sprinkle approximately 1 tablespoon of the seasoning blend evenly on top of each chicken breast. Gently pat the chicken to press on the seasoning, then mist the chicken with a brief shot of cooking spray.
- Bake for 18-20* minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink. If you use a cooking thermometer to measure the temperature thickest part of the breast, it should be between 160-170°F. (The FDA recommends 165°F.)
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove the pan from the oven and loosely tent the pan with aluminum foil. Let the chicken rest for at least 5-10 minutes. Then serve immediately.
- Or, refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 3 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.