These French Toast Cups are quick and easy to make, they come in single servings, and they are topped with a heavenly whiskey cream cheese glaze.
French Toast Cups Ingredients:
- 6 large eggs, whisked
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 15 cups of 1/2-inch bread cubes*
- for serving: whiskey cream cheese glaze (see below) and maple syrup
Whiskey Cream Cheese Glaze Ingredients
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons whiskey (or you can substitute milk if you’d rather nix the whiskey)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2–3 tablespoons milk
To Make The French Toast Cups:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and salt until combined and smooth. Add in the bread cubes, and toss until they are evenly coated with the egg mixture. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 10 minutes. Remove the bowl and toss the bread cubes once more with the egg mixture, and refrigerate for 10-30 more minutes.
- Grease a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray, or line each cup with paper liners. When the French toast mixture is ready, portion it evenly into the 12 muffin cups, pressing down on each one a bit as needed so that it will fit into the cup.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the tops are crispy and golden. Remove and let cool for 5 minutes. Then serve warm, drizzled with syrup and/or the whiskey cream cheese glaze.
To Make The Whiskey Cream Cheese Glaze:
- Whisk cream cheese, powdered sugar, whiskey and vanilla together until smooth. Add in milk to thin out the glaze, one tablespoon at a time, until it reaches your desired consistency.
*I recommend using a brioche, challah or sourdough bread for this recipe. I just cut mine into small cubes with a bread knife.