This fresh strawberry margarita recipe is simple to make, and perfectly sweet and delicious to enjoy.
- 1 pound (16 ounces) fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1 cup silver tequila
- 2/3 cup freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 1/3–1/2 cup honey or agave, more/less to taste
- 1/4 cup Cointreau or Triple Sec (or any orange liqueur)
(for serving) ice, salt to rim the glasses, extra fresh strawberries and/or lime slices for garnish
- Add strawberries, tequila, lime juice, honey, and orange liqueur to a blender. Pulse until completely smooth. Let the mixture rest for about 3 minutes, then skim off the foam on top. Taste, and add extra tequila or sweetener if desired.
- If you would like to serve these in salt-rimmed glasses, simply run a lime wedge around the top of each glass. Then dip the top of the glass upside-down in a bowl of coarse margarita salt. Garnish the glasses with fresh strawberries and/or lime slices if desired.
To Serve On The Rocks:
- Fill up each glass about half full with ice, then pour the margaritas over the ice and serve immediately.
To Serve Frozen:
- Add about 3-4 cups of ice to your blender with the strawberry margarita mixture, and pulse until smooth. Pour into glasses and serve immediately.