This delicious Ginger Carrot Dressing recipe is inspired by the Japanese restaurant version we all know and love, and made with an irresistible combination of sweet and savory ingredients.
- 1 large carrot, peeled and roughly-chopped
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or olive oil (or any mild-flavored cooking oil)
- 1 tablespoon finely-chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup*
- 1 tablespoon white (shiro) miso
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor, and pulse until completely smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (And feel free to add extra honey if you’d like a sweeter dressing.)
- Serve immediately, or store in a sealed container for up to 1 week.
*Use maple syrup if making this recipe vegan.
**The top photo in this post shows a double batch — about 2 cups yield.