This ginger peach crisp recipe is made with a warm ginger-vanilla peach filling and topped with a crispy oatmeal almond crumble. Highly recommend serving this crisp hot out of the oven with a cold scoop of vanilla ice cream!
- 3 pounds ripe peaches, pitted and sliced
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- zest and juice of 1 lemon (about 2 tablespoons juice)
Oatmeal Crisp Topping:
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup sliced or slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 5 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Peel the peaches (optional step). Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Place 3-4 peaches in the pan at a time (or however many can be completely submerged at once) and boil for 45 seconds. Use tongs to carefully transfer the hot peaches immediately to a bowl of ice water and let them rest for at least 1 minute. Use a paring knife to slice open the skin, then peel it off with your fingers. Repeat with the remaining peaches, then remove their pits and cut them into slices.
- Prep oven and baking dish. Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly mist a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Mix the filling. In a large mixing bowl, gently toss together the filling ingredients until evenly combined. Transfer the filling to the baking dish and spread it out in an even layer.
- Mix the oatmeal crisp. Briefly rinse out the mixing bowl. Add the oatmeal crisp ingredients and gently toss until evenly combined. Sprinkle the oatmeal crisp evenly over the peach filling.
- Bake. Bake the oatmeal crisp uncovered for about 40 to 45 minutes, or until the filling is bubbling all around the edges and the crisp is lightly browned. (If you notice midway through baking that the crisp is browning too much, gently lay a piece of aluminum foil on top of the crisp to prevent it from browning more.)
- Cool. Transfer the baking dish to a wire rack and let the crisp cool for at least 5 minutes.
- Serve. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream and enjoy!
Recipe edited slightly in August 2022.