This Ginger Peach Crumble is filled with a fresh and sweet filling and topped with the perfect crisp “crumble”.
- 3 pounds fresh peaches, pitted and cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, store-bought or homemade
- 1/2 cup quick oats (or old-fashioned oats)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 3-quart baking pan with butter or cooking spray, and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, gently toss together all of your filling ingredients until combined and evenly coated. Pour them evenly into the prepared baking pan.
- In a separate mixing bowl, stir together your topping ingredients until small clumps are formed. (I find it easiest to mix the ingredients with my hands.) Add the topping mixture evenly on top of the peaches.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until the topping is crisp and starts to brown, and the filling is bubbly. Serve immediately topped with ice cream and/or caramel sauce if desired. Or wait and serve it at room temperature. OR, you can cover and refrigerate the crumble for up to 4 days.
Adapted slightly from Foodie Crush.