Learn how to make homemade golden milk with this simple recipe. It’s quick and easy to make, full of good-for-you turmeric, and it’s delicious hot or iced!
To Make A Hot Latte:
- Steam the milk. Steam the milk until warm and frothy using a frother. Or heat the milk in a saucepan over medium heat until nearly simmering, and whisk briefly until frothy.
- Mix until combined. Add sweetener, vanilla extract (optional), turmeric, cinnamon, ginger, black pepper and salt to a heatproof mug. Pour the steamed milk (minus the foam) into the mug and stir until combined. Add the foam on top and give it a brief stir.
- Add extra sweetener if needed.Give the latte a taste and add extra sweetener, if needed.
- Serve warm. Serve immediately and enjoy!
To Make An Iced Latte:
- Dissolve the spices. Heat 1/2 cup of the milk (or alternately you can just use hot water) until nearly simmering. In a heatproof glass or measuring cup, whisk together the hot milk, sweetener, vanilla extract (optional), turmeric, cinnamon, ginger, black pepper and salt until combined.
- Mix until combined. Fill a large glass with ice. Pour in the warm milk mixture. Then pour in the remaining cold milk, and stir briefly with a straw until combined.
- Add extra sweetener if needed. Give the iced latte a taste and add extra sweetener, if needed.
- Serve cold. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Large-batch dry golden milk mix: To make a large batch (12 servings) of the dry golden milk mix, combine 1/3 cup ground turmeric, 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon, 2 tablespoons ground ginger, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper and 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt in a jar. Stir or cover and shake until combined. Store in a sealed container for up to 1 month.