This Grain-Free Granola recipe is easy to make, full of great flavor, and it’s naturally completely gluten- and grain-free (and can also be made vegan).
- 1 1/2 cups raw almonds, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup raw pecans, chopped
- 1 cup raw Brazil nuts*, chopped
- 1 cup shelled raw sunflower seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch sea salt
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup raw honey** or pure maple syrup
- 3 Tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure almond extract
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup chopped dried cherries
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the almonds, coconut, pecans, Brazil nuts, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, honey, water, and almond extract. Add the wet ingredients to the nut mixture and toss to coat.
- Spread the granola on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown, stirring halfway through. Remove the granola from the oven and stir in the dried apricots and cherries.
- Set aside to cool for 15 minutes before serving. Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
*If you can’t find Brazil nuts, feel free to substitute an extra cup of pecans instead.
**If making this recipe vegan, use maple syrup instead of honey.
This recipe has been reprinted with permission from Eating Clean: The 21-Day Plan to Detox, Fight Inflammation, and Reset Your Body by Amie Valpone.