These Healthier Blueberry Muffins are made with white whole wheat flour, naturally sweetened with honey, and they are SO wonderfully fluffy and buttery and delicious!
Healthier Blueberry Muffins Ingredients:
- 3 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, store-bought or homemade
- 1/2 cup Almond Breeze Original Unsweetened Almondmilk (shelf-stable or refrigerated)
- 1/2 cup melted butter or coconut oil, slightly cooled
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries (if frozen, do not thaw first)
(Optional) Honey Lemon Glaze:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons Almond Breeze Original Unsweetened Almondmilk (shelf-stable or refrigerated)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
How To Make The Healthier Blueberry Muffins:
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease 24* baking cups with cooking spray, or line them with paper liners. Set aside.
- Add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt together in a large mixing bowl, and whisk until completely combined. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add the eggs, Greek yogurt, honey, vanilla, and almondmilk, and whisk until completely combined. Gradually add in the melted butter (or coconut oil), whisking continually as you add it in so that its warmth doesn’t accidentally cook the eggs. Whisk until completely combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the mixing bowl with the dry ingredients, using a rubber spatula to gently fold everything together until just combined. (Be really careful not to overmix the batter.) Gently fold in the blueberries until just combined.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared baking cups, filling them 3/4 full and topping with a few extra fresh blueberries if desired.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the muffin comes out clean. Remove and let cool on a wire rack. Serve immediately, drizzled with the optional glaze if you’d like. Or store in a sealed container for up to 3 days.
How To Make The Honey Lemon Glaze:
- Whisk all ingredients together until smooth. If you need to thicken the glaze, add more powdered sugar. If you need to thin the glaze, add more almondmilk.
*Depending on how much batter you use per muffin, this recipe should yield between 20-24 muffins.