This homemade taco seasoning recipe can be made in minutes. And it’s also preservative-free, gluten-free and easily customizable. So much better than storebought taco seasoning mix!
- 1 tablespoon chili powder*
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika (I prefer smoked paprika)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Combine ingredients. Add all of the ingredients to a small jar and stir (or shake) until evenly combined.
- Store. Use immediately or cover and store for up to 1 year.
Chili powder: Please note that this recipe uses American-style chili powder, which is actually a blend of spices and very different than cayenne (as well as many other types of chili powders sold internationally).