Lemon and honey come together to make the perfect tasty cupcakes!
Honey Lemon Cupcake Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. lemon zest
Honey Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients:
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3–4 cups powdered sugar
To Make The Honey Lemon Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with baking cups.
- Using an electric stand mixer, cream together butter and sugar on medium-high speed for about 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, and mix until just combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. In a smaller bowl, combine milk, honey, vanilla, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Add half of the flour mixture to the butter mixture, beating until just combined. Add in the milk mixture, then add the remaining flour mixture, mixing until just combined.
- Fill baking cups 2/3 of the way full. (Check out this post to see how I fill cupcakes uniformly.) Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before frosting.
To Make The Honey Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese, butter and honey until fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Gradually add in powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency. Pipe or spread onto cupcakes.