This Kale Caesar Salad is made with tons of fresh kale and Romaine, and tossed with lighter lime Caesar dressing, and trust me — it’s DELICIOUS.
Kale Caesar Salad Ingredients:
- 4 cups chopped fresh kale
- 4 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 2 cups croutons (*I just toasted some French bread and crumbled it afterwards, see instructions below)
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 batch Lime Caesar Dressing, below
- optional: 1 cup halved cherry or grape tomatoes
Lime Caesar Dressing Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (I used non-fat)
- 1/2 cup freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
- 3–4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1–2 teaspoons anchovy paste, to taste
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic, pressed or finely minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 3–4 tablespoons milk
To Make The Kale Caesar Salad:
- Add the kale, Romaine, croutons, Parmesan, dressing, and tomatoes (if using) to a large bowl. Toss until combined.
- Serve immediately.
To Make The Lime Caesar Dressing:
- Add all ingredients except milk to a small mixing bowl, and whisk together until combined and smooth. Whisk in a tablespoon of milk at a time until the dressing reaches your desired consistency.
- Use immediately, or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 3 days.
*To make easy croutons, just drizzle a few slices of old bread with olive oil (or brush with melted butter), and sprinkle with salt and Italian seasoning. Toast them up until crispy. Then either crumble them up with your hands, or use a knife to chop them into small pieces.
Inspired by Sweetgreen.