This Apple Spinach Salad recipe is one of my all-time favorites. It’s made with a delicious mix of sweet and savory ingredients, it’s tossed with a tangy champagne vinaigrette, and it’s always a crowd favorite! Feel free to sub in whatever greens, nuts, or soft cheese that you have on hand.
Apple Spinach Salad Ingredients:
- 10 ounces baby spinach
- 2 large apples, cored and thinly-sliced (I used 1 gala apple, 1 granny smith apple, but any will do)
- half a small red onion, peeled and thinly-sliced
- 1 cup walnut halves, toasted (or pecans)
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 5 ounces goat cheese, crumbled (or feta cheese, or blue cheese)
- 1 batch apple cider vinaigrette (see below)
Champagne Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- a generous pinch of salt and black pepper
- (optional) 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup, to sweeten
To Make The Apple Spinach Salad:
- Add spinach, apples, red onion, walnuts, dried cranberries, and half of the goat cheese to a large bowl. Drizzle with the vinaigrette, and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately, garnished with the remaining goat cheese.
To Make The Champagne Vinaigrette:
- Add all ingredients together in a bowl and whisk to combine. Or, add all ingredients to a mason jar, cover, and shake to combine.