These oatmeal cookies have dried apricots and white chocolate — a match made in heaven!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups (8 oz.) white chocolate chips or chunks
- 7 ounces dried apricots, chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix flour, oatmeal, baking soda, and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Cream butter and sugars with a mixer until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to low. Add salt, vanilla, and eggs, and beat until well combined, about 1 minute. Add flour mixture gradually, beating until just combined. Stir in chocolate and apricots. Cover, and refrigerate until cold, about 30 minutes.
- Drop heaping tablespoons of dough onto parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart. Bake until cookies are golden brown around the edges but still soft in the center, 11 to 14 minutes. Let cookies cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; let cool. Cookies will keep, covered, for up to 1 week.
Adapted from Martha Stewart