Oreo-coated ice cream truffles are a fun way to enjoy this sweet treat.
- ice cream (I used Haagen-Dazs Dark Chocolate Chip Gelato)
- finely ground Oreos
- (optional) popsicle sticks
- Place a large baking sheet in the freezer for 10 minutes to chill.
- Using an ice cream scoop (I used a large scoop), add scoops of ice cream to the chilled baking sheet and immediately return to the freezer. Let scoops chill in the freezer until frozen again, at least 20 minutes.
- Place ground Oreos in a bowl. Then one at a time, use a metal spatula to quickly remove a scoop of ice cream from the freezer and transfer to the bowl of ground Oreos. Roll it around until all sides are coated. Return to the chilled baking sheet, and place a popsicle stick in the middle of the truffle. Repeat with remaining ice cream balls until all are coated.
- Serve on a chilled plate and enjoy immediately.