A hint of dark chocolate makes this marinara extra special!
- 12 ounces dried pasta (I used linguine)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28 oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh basil leaves, loosely packed
- 1 ounce dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- optional garnishes: additional julienned fresh basil and Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta in generously-salted water al dente according to package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat oil in a medium skillet or saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic, and saute for 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Add the remaining ingredients, and stir to combine. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain the water. Then serve the pasta with the sauce ladled on top, or stir together the pasta and sauce and serve with additional garnishes, if desired.