Delicious, easy pasta dish with these ingredients plus sun-dried tomatoes and parmesan. You’ll love this Pesto Pasta With Chicken, Asparagus & Arugula recipe.
- 1 lb. pasta of your choice (I used campanelle)
- 1 jar of sundried tomatoes, drained (reserve 2 Tbsp. oil)
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into 2″ pieces
- 2–3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup basil pesto, homemade or storebought
- 2–3 cups baby arugula
- freshly-grated or shaved Parmesan
- Bring a large pot three-fourths full of generously-salted water to a boil. Then add the pasta, and cook until al dente, according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 2 Tbsp. of the oil from the jar of sundried tomatoes (or you can use plain olive oil) over medium heat. When the oil is shimmering, add the asparagus and sprinkle with freshly-ground black pepper. Cook for 2 minutes. Then add in the (now drained) sundried tomatoes, and continue cooking for another 4-5 minutes, or until asparagus are done. Then remove from heat.
- When pasta is done, drain the excess water from the pot. Then add in the asparagus/tomatoes, pesto, chicken, arugula, and pesto, and toss until well-combined. Sprinkle with shaved or grated Parmesan.
- Either serve warm, or refrigerate and serve cold.
This would be even better with some toasted pine nuts thrown in. Yum!