This pluot (plumcot) and blueberry crisp is one of my favorite summer desserts, and it will blow your mind!
- 2 lbs. pluots, pitted and quartered
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp. red wine or creme de cassis liqueur (optional)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup old-fashioned oatmeal (or quick oats)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 cup (1 sticks) softened unsalted butter, diced
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- For the fruit, in a large bowl, combine the pluots, blueberries, (1/4 cup) brown sugar, cornstarch and the wine (or liqueur). Pour mixture into a 12 x 8″ shallow baking dish and level out.
- For the topping, combine the flour, (1/2 cup) brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, oatmeal, and butter in a bowl. Work together with fingers until clumpy, and then stir in nuts. Scatter evenly over the fruit mixture.
- Bake the crisp for 40-45 minutes, or until the fruit is bubbling and the top is browned. Serve warm or at room temperature, and feel free to pair it with ice cream.
Adapted from Fine Cooking