This pomegranate, pear and avocado salad is full of delicious fresh flavors. And it’s perfect for the holidays!
- 1 head Romaine lettuce, washed and roughly-chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 ripe pear, cored and diced
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 2/3 cup shelled pistachios
- 2/3 cup crumbled goat cheese (or blue cheese, or feta cheese)
- 1/2 cup diced red onion (about half of a small red onion)
- seeds from 1 pomegranate (here is a tutorial for how to open and de-seed a pomegranate)
- citrus vinaigrette (see below)
Citrus Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 1/3 cup orange juice (freshly-squeezed, if possible)
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon honey, if needed to sweeten
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
To Make The Salad:
- Add all ingredients together in a large bowl and drizzle on the dressing. Toss until combined. Serve immediately.
- (*Tip: To prevent the diced avocado from browning while sitting out, toss it beforehand in a few tablespoons of lime or lemon juice.)
To Make The Vinaigrette:
- Whisk all ingredients together for 30 seconds until combined.