This classic pumpkin bread recipe is easy to make without a mixer, perfectly moist, and full of the best pumpkin flavor!
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Prepare oven and bread pan. Heat oven to 350°F. Line a 9 x 5-inch bread pan with parchment or mist with cooking spray.
- Mix the dry ingredients. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, cinnamon, baking powder and salt until combined. Set aside.
- Mix the sugars and wet ingredients. In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk together the granulated sugar, brown sugar and melted butter until evenly combined. Add in the pumpkin purée, eggs and vanilla and stir until evenly combined.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until they are just combined and no dry streaks remain. (Try to avoid over-mixing!)
- Bake. Pour the batter into the prepared bread pan, and smooth the top of the batter so that it is even. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool. Transfer the pan to a wire baking rack and let the bread cool for 10 minutes. Then run a knife around the edges of the bread and carefully invert the bread onto the wire baking rack to continue cooling for 5-10 more minutes. Then slice, serve and enjoy!
Storage instructions: This bread can be stored in a food storage container or zip-top bag at room temperature for up to 3-4 days. If you would like to freeze the bread, let it cool completely to room temperature. Then wrap the bread tightly in bees wrap (or plastic wrap), enclose it in a food storage container or zip-top freezer bag, and freeze for up to 3 months.