Quinoa adds extra crunch and nutrients to this crunchy, tasty granola recipe!
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup quinoa (uncooked)
- 1 cup slivered or roughly-chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 Tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 cup shaved coconut (or 2/3 cup grated coconut)
- 6 oz. dried apricots
- 6 oz. dried cherries or cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, stir together oats, quinoa, almonds, honey, coconut oil, salt and cinnamon until combined. Spread the mixture out on a foil- or parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for about 20 minutes, stirring once halfway. Remove sheet and sprinkle the shaved coconut evenly over the top of the granola. Bake for an additional 3-5 minutes (watch closely) until the coconut is toasted. Remove and let cool, then stir in dried fruit and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately or store in a sealed container for up to 2 weeks.