This rainbow peanut noodles recipe is made with your choice of noodles, colorful fresh veggies, and the most irresistible peanut sauce. Delicious served warm or cold!
Rainbow Pasta Ingredients:
- 12 ounces whole wheat pasta (or soba, ramen, or rice noodles)
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 small bell peppers, cored and very thinly sliced (I used one red, one yellow)
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro (loosely packed)
- optional toppings: finely chopped peanuts, cilantro, green onions, lime wedges, and/or toasted sesame seeds
Peanut Sauce Ingredients:
- Make the peanut sauce. Whisk together all ingredients in a small mixing bowl until combined. Taste and sweeten with additional honey if desired.
- Cook the pasta. Cook the pasta in a large stockpot of salted boiling water until just barely al dente. (Try to avoid overcooking the noodles.) Transfer 1/2 cup of the starchy hot water to the peanut sauce. Reserve an additional 1/2 cup of the starchy water and set it aside for later. Drain the pasta, then return it to the large stockpot.
- Toss. Add the scallions, bell peppers, carrots, cabbage, cilantro, peanuts and peanut sauce to the pot. Toss gently until everything is coated evenly in the sauce. If the sauce seems too dry, add in some of the reserved starchy water and toss to combine.
- Serve. Serve warm, garnished with your favorite toppings.
Recipe edit: The peanut sauce recipe was slightly edited in 2022.