This Rainbow Peanut Noodles recipe is made with whole wheat pasta, tons of colorful fresh veggies, and a peanut sauce that will knock your socks off.
Rainbow Pasta Ingredients:
- 12 ounces whole-wheat pasta (I used DeLallo whole-wheat linguine)
- 1 Tbsp. peanut oil (or olive oil)
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and julienned (thinly sliced)
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cored and julienned
- 1 large carrot, peeled and julienned
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup shelled edamame
- topping: thinly-sliced scallions (green onions), toasted sesame seeds and chopped peanuts
Peanut Sauce Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. grated fresh ginger
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- (optional) 1 tsp. sriracha hot chili sauce, or more to taste
How To Make The Rainbow Pasta:
- Cook pasta al dente in generously-salted pasta water according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers, carrots, cabbage, and edamame, and saute for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain it, but reserve 1/4 cup pasta water on the side. Add the pasta and peanut sauce to the saute pan of veggies and toss to combine. If the sauce is too thick, add a tablespoon or two of the pasta water until the sauce reaches your desired consistency.
- Serve immediately, topped with scallions, sesame seeds and peanuts if desired.
How To Make The Peanut Sauce:
- Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl by hand. (Alternately: add them to a food processor or blender and pulse to combine.)