An easy and delicious recipe for roasting pumpkin seeds (pepitas). Plus, lots of seasoning ideas, detailed instructions, and helpful photos!
- pepitas (raw, hulled pumpkin seeds)
- olive oil, melted butter or cooking spray (preferably olive oil)
- garlic salt
- chili powder + lime juice
- herbs de provence (or Italian seasoning)
- smoked paprika
- cinnamon + chili powder
- worcestershire sauce + seasoned salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease baking sheet or line with aluminum foil.
- In a bowl, mix pumpkin seeds with a small amount of olive oil (or butter, or lightly cover with cooking spray); use just enough oil so that they are just very lightly coated. Add salt and seasoning to taste, and mix so that seeds are fairly evenly coated.
- Transfer seeds to cooking sheet, and bake for about 15-25 minutes (or until seeds are cooked and begin to lightly brown). Remove trays every 10 minutes to stir the seeds and check for doneness. Let cool and serve.